A property that has much to offer for its’ size! First, with roads on 3 sides, you can enter and access any stand location based on current wind directions with ease. There are nice gravel pull-ins that give you room for parking and getting ready to hunt. There is an overhead powerline clearing that gives you not only travel access but also good visibility and hunting set-ups but also offers multiple locations for food plots. The timber on the western half is stocked well with some very mature timber of highly desirable hardwood species. Offering the opportunity to do a selective harvest to put some immediate returns into your pocket. There is a gorgeous rock-bottom creek that cuts north and south through the property offering some outstanding scenery along with some great influences on deer travel patterns and of course great year-round water sources for all the wildlife. The flatter, bottomland areas east of the creek offer a younger age class timber, heavy in walnut growth, with a noticeable strong growth of understory plants which is providing great cover and food in terms of weeds and forbs for the deer. Within this area, you could easily doze out some areas that would make awesome food plot locations well hidden from the roads within the center of the property creating a lot of predictable deer movement to capitalize on. The hunting in this part of the county is known to be excellent with great populations of deer and turkeys along with top-end spring morel mushrooms. As a bonus, just up the road, you would have access to the Owen-Putnam State Forest for access to hundreds of acres of state-owned public hunting. Just north of there is the Lieber State Recreation Area with even more public hunting area, but also fishing in the beautiful Cagles Mill Lake. Overall this is a wonderful smaller property offering privacy, beauty and great hunting for a buyer. The fact that there is currently above average marketable timber standing too should be a big factor to consider for making this place one to pay serious attention to. Call today to arrange your own private showing.
- 1 hour from Indianapolis, 40 minutes from Bloomington and Terre Haute
- Just minutes from Spencer with convenient access from 231 and I-70
- Road frontage on 3 sides allows for great access to hunt any wind direction
- Paved road frontage on Lennox Rd on the north side
- Very good mature timber on much of the property, strongest on western ridges, can provide immediate return
- Powerline right-of-way offers clearing for hunting opportunities and great food plot locations
- Beautiful, rock-bottomed creek runs through the length of the property offering year-round water
- Flat bottoms provide tremendous, lush growth and super habitat for wildlife
- Bottomland area also is heavily stocked in walnut trees for future timber harvests
- Creek bottom areas could be easily cleared and planted into very well-hidden food plots!
- Fantastic deer, turkey and morel mushroom hunting!
- Nearby Spencer offers dining, shopping and necessities
- Shown by appointment only
Tax Data (Show Tax Data)
Loading Tax Data
Other Land for Sale from
NOTE: The information contained herein is provided as general information only and has been obtained from sources deemed reliable. It is provided without any guaranty, warranty or representation, expressed or implied, made by Lands of America, or any related entity, as to the accuracy or completeness of the information. The information is presented subject to errors, omissions, change of price or conditions, prior sale or withdrawal without notice. Prospective purchasers should make their own investigations, projections and conclusions concerning the information.