PRICE REDUCED! Have you ever dreamed of owning a hunting property that is situated in just the perfect place that it just can’t help but crank out big mature bucks? Well, look no further! This farm is tucked in tight against a 700 acre no-hunting bird sanctuary that offers incredible opportunity for whitetails to grow old and huge. With the ½ mile long driveway taking you well off the beaten path you are literally surrounded by refuge. In the SW corner of the farm you’ll find the recently updated and remodeled 2 bedroom 1 bath home along with a detached garage complete with a studio apartment above it. The home was built in 2001 but has just completed getting a new roof, all new floor joists underneath, new plumbing, exterior foundation water-proofing and drainage work, and all-new flooring. With new painting done throughout, the home literally looks and feels brand new. Being on its own well and septic system, along with propane for heating fuel, the utility costs are surprisingly low. The exterior of the home features a new spacious wood deck on the entry. The apartment above the garage also has a large, walk-out deck looking out into the beautiful woods making a perfect spot to grill out and relax. There is also a 24 x 32 shed with a 16 x 32 lean-to beyond the garage that would make a perfect place to store your tractor, mower, or other property care equipment. The seller currently has 2 large shipping containers nearby that make fantastic additional secure storage areas that will stay with the property. Along with the containers, there are approximately 9 or 10 tree stands and elevated blinds that stay on the property too. Driving from the home eastward on the connecting stone driveway you will arrive at the hidden clearing where the pond and orchard area are located. The pond was recently enlarged to just over an acre in size and boasts some fantastic fishing! Bluegill, large-mouth bass, crappie, catfish and even striped bass have been stocked and are plentiful. The winding field south of the pond would make an incredible food plot area to set up on the bruiser bucks stepping out of the refuge for an evening meal. It’s very beautiful and peaceful back there! The seller has not sold any timber off this property since owning it for over 12 years. There are some beautiful, mature trees found throughout which not only add to the aesthetic value of the land, but also to the economic value of having immediately marketable timber that could provide sustainable return on investment. With the short drive to Connersville, Richmond or Indianapolis, this property fits the bill for a dream hunting property with a turn-key year-round residence and guest quarters, or the perfect weekend getaway and hunting camp. Shown by appointment only.
- 14 minutes southwest of Connersville, 1 hour 15 mins from Indianapolis, 1 hour 18 mins from Cincinnati
- Secluded private setting with a Â½ mile driveway to home
- Adjoins the 700 acre Mary Gray Audubon Bird Sanctuary for the ultimate in sanctuary neighbors
- 1408 sq ft home built in 2001 has 2 bedrooms and a full bath with open-concept kitchen-dining-living area
- Home has tremendous brand new updates including new roof, all new floor joists, plumbing, flooring, paint
- Detached garage 21 x 32 built in 2000 has completely furnished apartment upstairs for guests or rental
- Seller is leaving 2 shipping containers with the property for ideal secure storage
- Beautiful private pond with dock and fishing boat has Crappie, Bass, Bluegill and Stripers!
- Approximately 14-1/2 acres of meadow/pasture could be hay or row-cropped
- Existing food plot areas attract and feed a lot of local deer
- Small orchard area has several species including Hazelnut trees
- Approximately 42 acres of timber, contains beautiful mature trees, many of which have great market value
- Farm has produced some great top-end bucks that roam the vast sanctuary!
- Seller is leaving all tree stands and box blinds with the property
- Wild turkeys abound along with lots of other small game
- Would make a fantastic primary residence, or an awesome weekend getaway and hunting camp
- Shown by appointment only
Call agent for directions.
Tax Data (Show Tax Data)
Loading Tax Data
Other Land for Sale from
NOTE: The information contained herein is provided as general information only and has been obtained from sources deemed reliable. It is provided without any guaranty, warranty or representation, expressed or implied, made by Lands of America, or any related entity, as to the accuracy or completeness of the information. The information is presented subject to errors, omissions, change of price or conditions, prior sale or withdrawal without notice. Prospective purchasers should make their own investigations, projections and conclusions concerning the information.